Arco Safe Hands Wipes kill leptospira bacteria
Arco Safe Hands wipes are specially formulated to kill leptospira bacteria, so are a convenient way for employees to disinfect their hands. We suggest employees:
• Rub their hands using the wipe to physically remove dirt which may harbour bacteria.
• Wipe hands before eating, drinking, smoking, or using a phone.
• Practice good hygiene, and be conscious not to inadvertently touch their nose, mouth or rub their eyes without first using a wipe.
• Wipe hands as soon as possible after handling contaminated clothing.
• Cover any cuts with a waterproof dressing.
Of course each situation should be assessed individually and some professions (for example, water utility engineers, research workers and commercial divers) will be more at risk so a thorough risk assessment and stringent precautions may be necessary.